Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm a bad, bad blogger.

Or just a busy mom. Or both, lol. I've barely slept for days, gearing up for the big stocking day today for the "Down by the Sea" themed stocking at OTM. It was actually a little anti-climactic. Lately, every time I put something up for auction it gets it's first bid within an hour of going live, and is bid through the roof in no time (to my very humble appreciation).

Not today, though. Things sat there for quite some time before anyone bid, and even now (9 hours after going live) nothing has more than one bid, and one thing still has no bids. Go figure. I think it's partly because it's mostly boy stuff. People just don't seem to part with as much money or as easily with boys as they do with girls.

Anyway, the listings of the day -



In other news, I've joined the next True Colors Dyers' Charity Challenge. I'm very excited about this. The colorway I have to work with is yet to be announced, suggestions and voting are going on now. I am torn, though. There are two charities that have become close to my heart and I have to pick one and only one for the proceeds of my challenge to go. For several months now I've been engrossed and deeply touched by the blog of a man whose wife and daughter have been (and still are) facing huge obstacles due to his wife's Cystic Fibrosis. So on one hand I'd love to donate what I raise to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in his wife's honor.

However, on the other hand my very best friend on the planet has a little girl who is very sick with a chronic kidney disease called FSGS (Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis). It is chronic, there is no cure, and it will require a kidney transplant at some point in the future. Like with a lot of chronic diseases, there is no way of projecting when that day will come. It could happen next week, it could happen in 5 years. The only certainty is that it will happen. The poor kid is 6 years old and already takes 15 pills a day, including immuno-suppressants and steroids to help her kidneys continue to function to some degree for as long as possible. So, on this other hand I really want to donate the money to the Nephcure Foundation. I wish I could donate to both causes.

Wait! I CAN! It just occurred to me to match whatever my auction goes for. My customer's payment will go to one charity, and my matching payment will go to the other. Woot! I feel like dancing around singing, "We just figured out Blue's Clues..." (yes, I watch entirely too much children's programming).

No comments: